Rising Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Imagine the Unimaginable

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Odd Summer Jobs

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Roxas
Keyblade master
Keyblade master
Roxas

Male Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Character sheet
Name:: Roxas
Side:: Twilight

Odd Summer Jobs Empty
PostSubject: Odd Summer Jobs   Odd Summer Jobs I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 12:29 pm

As always, Sora was ecstatic. So far, there had been no way that the blonde could get Sora to settle back down in his chair, so he eventually gave up and leaned lazy-like on the couch, propping his head up with his arm and rolling his eyes as Sora bubbled on. Sora and Roxas, the well-known cousins and best friends of the island were sitting in Sora's living room scheming. Or at least Sora was. It wasn't as though Roxas was completely apathetic about the idea. He was completely opposed to it.

"This is stupid," Roxas whined, taking another long gulp of lemonade from his glass. The one thing Sora could do and Roxas could never figure out was beverages. It was a talent; sure, when it came to actually being in the kitchen Sora was as much of a hopeless wreck as his father was (both had even tried putting together a meal for Sora's mother on her birthday, but alas! How could Sora have known better to not throw water on a grease fire?) but yet, no one had ever made or tasted a better hot chocolate or mocha latte than Sora's. Secretly, Roxas was incredibly jealous and even resented Sora for it, but every morning Sora brought Roxas a thermos of green tea or coffee, so Roxas learned to appreciate Sora more than hate him.

He was disappointed; Sora thought that he would've won Roxas over with his idea a half an hour ago. But Sora was learning to be as stubborn as Sora, so he continued to press on. "Oh, come on, you ungrateful --" And here Sora remembered that insulting Roxas could never actually persuade Roxas. He took a breath a tried again. "And I'm guessing you have better summer plans than starting a odd-job business with me?"

He slammed his glass down on the side-table and stood up. Uh oh[/b], Sora thought. This is bad.[/b] "I wouldn't mind the ODD-JOB part, if it didn't involve -- that --!!" Roxas ran his hand uncomfortably through his hair. He couldn't say it. Wouldn't say it. Sora tried to suppress his smile when he spoke the intolerable words. "Baby-sitting, you mean?" Sora teased, watching with a small sense of satisfactions as Roxas flicked his head to the side, huffing angrily. Roxas turned his gaze back to Sora. "Yes," he nearly spat. "[i]That."

When it came to handling younger kids, Sora was no doubt the best, compared alongside to Tidus, Wakka, RIku, Roxas, and of course Axel, who not only terrified most of the younger child population but hated kids with a passion, hating them since the day that he got into a misunderstanding with a younger kindergartner who accused Axel of stealing "Mr. Snuggle-Wookins" and got him into a world of trouble. It turned out that the girl had mistook Axel for another man with red hair. Axel never forgot it.

With a sigh, Sora poured Roxas another glass of lemonade. "Fine, you can stick to staying outdoors all day and mowing lawns. But you'll make so much more munny if you help baby-sit with me."

"Why not let Namine and Kairi baby-sit?! Baby-sitting is for GIRLS, not guys!"

Again, Sora repeated himself, for the tenth time. "Because," he began once again, hearing the enthusiasm slowing draining from his voice. Roxas could be so stubborn! "The girls agree that we should do our share and try baby-sitting at least once or twice a week, that way we can all swap jobs and make it fair. The guys will do most of the laboring jobs, like fishing, repairing, and mowing while the girls do the other jobs like baby-sitting and selling baked-goods." When Sora had told his friends at lunch about the odd-job business, everyone besides Roxas had came to an consensus about the terms. He had even gotten Pence to post a bulletin on the message board about it. Everything was coming together, and he wasn't going to let Roxas ruin his plans this time.

He licked his lips, lowered his eyes to Sora's gazed and repeated the same, agrivating word. "No." Without a warning Sora suddenly threw his arms up and grabbed his hair, groaning theatrically. "FINE THEN, ROXAS!" Sora hollered at him. "You can forget joining!! I'm kicking you out!"

"You can't do that!" Roxas protested as Sora grabbed Roxas' glass and went back into the kitchen. "Fine!! FIne, whatever! I'll be a girl for the summer and babysit!" More than anything Roxas needed the munny, and if Roxas' parents found out that Sora was going along with the idea without Roxas, then Roxas would probably get in trouble. They would figure it was Roxas' fault. That's what happened when you're the eviler of the two cousins.

All the same, Sora dumped the rest of Roxas' lemonade down the drain. At that moment, Sora realized that technically, he was the boss, and Roxas was his employee. This could be used for some much-needed gradification. "Roxas," Sora called, putting the pitcher of lemonade on the table. "Your job starts today. Do the dishes, and i'll pay you for your work." Grumbling, Roxas came into the kitchen to find the sink piled high with dishes. FInally, after all those years of torture, Sora could get even without doing anything really malicious. With a smile, Sora pat him on the back. "Good luck," he said with a smile, then went into the living room to watch tv, leaving Roxas to clean all his dirty dishes.
Back to top Go down
Sora
Keyblade master
Keyblade master
Sora

Female Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Character sheet
Name:: Sora
Side:: Light

Odd Summer Jobs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd Summer Jobs   Odd Summer Jobs I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 10:29 pm

[Ha. I love this]
Back to top Go down

Odd Summer Jobs
Page 1 of 1