Rising Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Imagine the Unimaginable

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Desert journey

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Riku
Twilight Warrior
Twilight Warrior
Riku

Female Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Character sheet
Name:: Riku
Side:: Twilight

Desert journey Empty
PostSubject: Desert journey   Desert journey I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 11:09 am

[-hey anyone feel free to join in on this one. though I must tell you I want this role play to be a more serious organized one ^-^-]

The sun was hot beating down on the fine sand of the desert. The small breeze blew across it scattering the grains of sand in all directions and causing the area to seem like it rippled. The breeze wasn't like the familiar friendly breezes on the Islands where he grew up. No these were hot and dry, trying to steal his breath away with every intake of air. Riku coughed slightly covering his lower face with his arm as he glanced around him. All around him was the same color and expansion of desert stretching as far as the eye could see. He couldn't recall how he'd gotten out here in the hot sun in the middle of no where. Those details where lost to him as he trudged through the sand the soft crunching the only other visible sound besides his slightly labored breathing. he'd grown up on a tropical island so he was used to heat but this heat was entirely different. On the islands the heat was warm but moist where here it was bone dry. Another light cough escaped him, due to his throat being so dry at the moment.

'Dang it Sora where are you?' he thought aquamarine eyes narrowing slightly against the sun's harsh rays. he could feel already his exposed arms and face starting to tingle and wished he had something to shade them from the sun. The silver haired teen and had sun burns before and all his memories of them were not fun. The footprints in the sand that he walked beside stretched on and on. they were the ever familiar prints of the keyblade master and his best friends shoes. Only one person had shoes like that, Sora's outfit being unique and one of a kind. what RIku couldn't figure out was why the brunet would wander out here in the first place. It wasn't logic to him and by no mean made sense.

-"Hey......Riku was it?" Aladdin asked walking up behind the silver haired teen as he reclined against the wall in the street rats old home. It was a nice view from above, giving a clear viewing of the market place and the palace. Riku glanced over at the raven haired young man a look of bored indifference on his face.

"Yes. Do you need something Aladdin?" He asked half hoping that the previous street rat did in fact need something. It would give him a chance to do something and not have so much time to reflect on thoughts he would rather forget. Aladdin smiled slightly like he was nervous about something and that immediately caught his attention as the silver haired teen straightened. Something had to be wrong. Aladdin brought his hand up to his mouth clearing his throat lightly in a rather nervous manner that matched the growing feeling in Riku's chest

"Well....Sora ventured out to investigate something but hasn't returned yet....its been almost 5 hours already and...well being out in the sun that long on your own is dangerous." Aladdin concluded his gaze not leaving Riku. he could see the other visibly stiffen at the news and knew he'd struck something. Without another thought Riku was to his feet preparing to leave.

"Wait take this with you. you'll need it." The raven haired man had stopped Riku from running out then and there giving him a bundle of food and a rather large water sack. -

That was two hours ago and Riku was really starting to regret that he hadn't prepared more for the journey. A desert hat and cloak would have been nice even though it was so hot. Or sun screen....but he doubted that such a thing even existed on this world. Up ahead green sprouted in his view making the Silver haired teen pause and blink.

'What...?' he thought staring at the green. He wasn't sure if it was really there or not but that didnt keep him from running towards it. Sora's footprints also lead in that direction. the hope of finding his best friend and shade spurred the sixteen year old forward as he ran, shoes spraying sand into the air. As he drew closer the green began to take shape of palm trees and shrubs. It was an oasis much to the teens surprise. entering the shade of the tree's Riku glanced around taking the surrounding in. Something caught his attention though, something black and tan against the blandness of the sand. It was Sora, the brunet lying under one of the tree's curled in on himself.

"Sora!" Riku cried immediately thinking something was wrong as he ran over kneeling beside his friend. He scanned over him looking for injuries but found none. he seemed to be fine, only sleeping but Riku wasn't so sure "Sora...hey wake up." He called again shaking the younger boy slightly to wake him.
Back to top Go down
https://risingdawn.darkbb.com
Sora
Keyblade master
Keyblade master
Sora

Female Number of posts : 588

Character sheet
Name:: Sora
Side:: Light

Desert journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert journey   Desert journey I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 12:54 pm

[Your too good xDD Im diffidently responding soon!]
Back to top Go down
Sora
Keyblade master
Keyblade master
Sora

Character sheet

Desert journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert journey   Desert journey I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 1:17 pm

"See thats the problem. I dont know what it is but its sure causing trouble." Aladdin explained to Sora after he handed him his drawing of the creature to him. Sora squinted his eyes as he turned the paper to the side, holding it up as if he was concentrating on something. "Hmm. Looks like some sort of heartless to me" he then handed the drawing back to Aladdin. It looked like a bunch of scribbles shaped into a creature but somehow Sora could make it out.

"S-so do you think you can get rid of it?" Aladdin asked, hope in his voice. Sora rubbed his finger back and fourth across the top of his mouth. "Yeah I'll take care of it" he said smiling before turning towards
the desert. "Wait! Sora!" Aladdin shouted as he grabbed Sora's arm. "Dont you want to know where your going first?" he laughed. Sora laughed back nervously rubbing the back of his head. "Oh right."
Aladdin finished explaining then handed Sora everything he needed for the journey.

Sora waved goodbye to Aladdin, walking off into the humid desert. He was already starting to sweat from the hot sun and he'd only been walking for thirty minutes. "Sorry I didnt tell you Riku.." He told himself slightly feeling bad about the fact that he didnt tell his best friend where he was going. Aladdin once again drew him a map but it was so hard to read, that Jeanie had to make him a new one.

"Lets see.."he said trying to focus on the map as he held it up in front of his face, blocking the sun for shade. He squinted his eyes trying to focus on the areas to the location. He moved his finger from one point to the next on the map. "Im never good with directions.." he sighed, stuffing the map in one of his red pockets.

Aladdin explained where the creature exactly lived, It was in some sort of dark cave. But before anyone was able to arrive at there, they had to pass by and Oasis. But it wasnt like any other Oasis. Something was different about it but Sora didnt understand why.

Up ahead he could see the green out of all the tan and it wasnt hard to catch. His breathing started to become harder and the sweat from his neck became sticky and annoying. He brought the back of his hand up to his forehead, wiping the sweat off. There seemed to be a small pool of water in the Oasis, which got Sora to quicken his pace.

"Water??!" he said excitedly cupping his hands into it and taking a sip. The coldness of the water made him cool down a bit which felt so much better. He layed down for a moment onto the hot sand, looking up at the sky. There was know cloud in sight which wasnt surprising. He realized that if he stayed here too long then he would have to fight the creature during the night which would make it tougher on him.

He slowly got up dusting the sand off of his pants before walking off towards the end of the Oasis. He continued to walk and walk but he wasnt going anywhere.
W-wha? Whats going on?? he thought getting slightly confused. Suddenly he rammed into something making him fall over. His face suddenly turned shocked before looking up, seeing nothing there but air. He got up walking forwards again, but couldnt, only beng stopped by nothing. "Whats going on?!" he shouted summoning his keyblade as he started hitting the clear wall of nothing. He continued hitting it and hitting it but nothing was happen.

The burning sun just only made it worse on him as he suddenly gave up..walking over by one of the trees and sitting down. I'm trapped.. he thought gripping his hands into tight fists. He slowly began to doze off, the sun finally getting to him.

"Sora..wake up" he heard a small echoing in his head. He didnt want to but he slowly opened his eyes, a blur of silver before him. "R-riku..?" he said tiredly.
Back to top Go down
Riku
Twilight Warrior
Twilight Warrior
Riku

Character sheet

Desert journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert journey   Desert journey I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 2:35 pm

[-sorry not so long lol. hope it works ^-^-]

Riku felt worry radiate through him as well as relief when the younger boy opened his eyes. He sounded tired, worn out like he'd been through a lot and that made Riku wonder. He sat the younger boy up sitting back himself as he didn't say anything for a moment just stared at Sora pondering. It was clear that Sora had run off to....find what? but he hadn't told Riku that he was leaving in the first place otherwise he would have gone with him.

"I thought you said not to leave you behind and yet you left me behind Sora." He said his voice quiet but firm as he fixed Sora with his aquamarine gaze.

"Do.....do you know how worried I was. People disappear and die in the desert." He finished leaning towards Sora his voice holding hints of anger, worry, relief, and frustration. he didn't realize it but his voice wavered slightly as he spoke. he realized that Sora could have easily been killed out here or taken away and hurt. Didn't Sora realize this himself? Obviously not or the little brunet wouldn't have done it.

Sora always was worrying Riku and the silver haired teen had told himself that he was being over protective and that he shouldn't worry so much but this time was different. This time he wasnt being over protective. His worry and fear were valid. Sora really could have died out here. Riku wasn't so much angry that Sora had left him behind but that the brunet could have been killed and Riku wouldn't have know till it was too late. That was his only fear he had come to realize, far greater than the darkness had ever been, was not being able to protect Sora especially after everything that had happened to him
Back to top Go down
Sora
Keyblade master
Keyblade master
Sora

Character sheet

Desert journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert journey   Desert journey I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 3:16 pm

Sora was still trying to wake up from being alseep for a couple hours in the hot sun. He moaned turning a little bit towards Riku to try and get a better view of him as he opened his eyes up a bit more. He noticed a bit of anger and worry in Rikus eyes. great.. He thought with a sigh as he pushed himself up into a more comfortable position.

"I-im Sorry Riku...I just..I guess I wanted to do this alone.." he stated moving his hands around in the warm sand besides his legs. "Theres this creature..that Aladdin..Wanted me too..take care of." He paused for a moment feeling the dryness in his mouth, craving water more than ever. "It looked..like a heartless..so i went out..to go find it.." he finally stopped for a moment leaning to the side a bit more, almost laying onto Riku since he was so tired. "And then..I got stuck..in this Oasis...I-i..cant..get out..im..trapped" He finally finished.

The sun was starting to set but it was still blazing hot and there was hardly any wind blowing through the air. He hated worrying Riku, he didnt mean too. After thinking about it, it was kid of stupid going out in the middle of the desert alone without a companion. Death was diffidently an option when it came to this kind of heat and it seemed like it was getting worse than before.
Back to top Go down
Riku
Twilight Warrior
Twilight Warrior
Riku

Character sheet

Desert journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert journey   Desert journey I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 12:23 pm

Riku listened to Sora's explanation noting the way to other seemed to droop as he explained what was going on. He felt upset that Sora and Aladdin hadn't seen fit to share this information with him especially at Aladdin for having told Sora about the creature in the first place. He should have known that Sora wouldnt be able to say no and would want more than anything to help out. Riku sighed softly when Sora finished explaining running his hand through the brunet's hair lightly as the other leaned on him. it didn't seem right that the other would be so tired, especially when he'd just woken up from resting.

"it's okay Sora. Just......just tell me next time." he said continuing to play with Sora's hair. A sudden chill went down his spine as the silver haired teen glanced around them, aquamarine eyes searching. He tsked softly under his breath eyes narrowing. How had he not noticed it before? This fore boarding, dark feeling that was welling up around him trying to grip his heart. Something wasnt right with this oasis, not right at all and Riku mentally berated himself for not having noticed it sooner.

"Sora? Sora snap out of it." he said shaking the brunet's shoulders slightly as he felt the other starting to slip back into the grasp of sleep. A strange scent floated on the air tickling Riku's nose and making him cough. It made him feel weird and he didn't like it at all.

It was than that he realized sleeping in the oasis wasnt the smartest thing to do. A sense of urgency gripped him as Riku stood quickly picking Sora up in his arms. He had to keep the younger boy awake for both their sakes. He didnt know why but his instincts was telling him, warning him not to let the other sleep.

Going over quickly Riku set Sora beside the water, cupping his hand as he propped Sora up against himself. He scooped the water into his hand splashing it onto Sora's face and arms.

"Come on Sora. You have to stay awake." he pleaded seeing the brunets eyes still dropping
Back to top Go down
Sora
Keyblade master
Keyblade master
Sora

Character sheet

Desert journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert journey   Desert journey I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 12:37 pm

Sora sighed in relief having Riku by his side again. The feeling of Riku running his hand through his hair felt good and relaxing, making him more sleepy than before. he didntk know why but for some reason, his eyes would not stay open. He tryed to force himself to stay awake. something..about this...oasis...makes me..sleepy.. he thought suddenly hearing Rikus voice echo in his head once more. "Sora. Sora snap out of it" was what he heard. "I-i..im trying.." he responded sleepily.

He was just then picked up and then set down again. Where am I now..?" SPLASH. Wet..? W-water?? he thought opening his eyes a bit more. It woke him up a little bit but it wasnt helping. "Riku..Riku i cant..I cant stay awake.." he barely stated slouching over onto Riku.

Something about this Oasis. The air? What was it..Why isnt it affecting Riku..? Maybe..maybe because I was here for such a long time..
"Trapped...Riku...We're...trapped"
Back to top Go down
Riku
Twilight Warrior
Twilight Warrior
Riku

Character sheet

Desert journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert journey   Desert journey I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 10:26 pm

"Don't Sora fight it." Riku said urgently shaking the brunet as he slumped further. Getting hardly any response Riku did the only thing he could think of that would wake to other boy. He picked Sora up going into the water which to his surprise was rather deep.

How deep....? he thought wandering further into the water with Sora in his arms. The water went up past his waist continuing up. The silver haired boy only stopped when the water was up to his chest.

"here goes nothing." He said taking a breath before going under the surface taking Sora with him. The water was cool and refreshing like a slight slap across the skin. Surfacing Riku shook his wet hair out of his face looking down at Sora to see the brunet's hair dropping slightly from the water.
Back to top Go down
Sora
Keyblade master
Keyblade master
Sora

Character sheet

Desert journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert journey   Desert journey I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 10:30 am

Sora could hear Riku telling him to fight it, which he was but there wasnt much he could do. The water from the pool did help a bit. After he felt movement from Riku standing up, he shivered from the water once they touched it. It wasnt exactly cold, but it was a shocking feeling after being in this heat.

Sora wiped the wet bangs out of his eyes as he saw a blur of silver but then it became clearer to him. "Riku.." he said with relief waking up from a deep slumber that would not let him go. "I-i think that worked.." he said smiling, trying to shake his hair to get out all of the water droplets. "Sorry..I dont know what came over me..something about this place.."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Desert journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert journey   Desert journey I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Desert journey
Page 1 of 1