Rising Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Imagine the Unimaginable

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'll Carry You Home -- A stupid one-shot

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Roxy
Nobody
Nobody
Roxy

Female Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2008-12-26

Character sheet
Name:: Roxas
Side:: Uh...Light? O.o

I'll Carry You Home -- A stupid one-shot Empty
PostSubject: I'll Carry You Home -- A stupid one-shot   I'll Carry You Home -- A stupid one-shot I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 4:48 am

Okaay so here's a random looooong one-shot that I wrote last night and I'm not really pleased but thought I better post it anyways ¬_¬

As much as it pains me to say it - It's not yaoi. Just a strong friendship between Riku and Sora 8D. :super happy:

~I’ll Carry You Home~

The warm, afternoon breeze whisked across Riku’s skin lightly. School had just finished and so students of all ages were gathering in their groups to gossip and talk about their day and slowly make their separate ways home. It was quiet, with only the sound of a few students chattering away in the distance. Riku had gotten out of school on time and intended on getting home before it got dark, though he had a little while and was in no rush.
The silver haired teenager readjusted his grip on his school bag and swung his fist over his shoulder, carrying his jacket. He felt no need to wear it in heat like this. The boy kept a tight, tall posture and walked silently and calmly. When he felt a clear distance between he and the others, walking the same way as him in their groups, he breathed an audible sigh of relief and dropped his arms by his side, slouching slightly. It was so hard to keep up the whole ‘posh boy’ appearance when he was trying to enjoy his walk home.
After ten minutes of walking, Riku reached a crossroad where he would have to wait for the traffic to pass before crossing three roads. This would be the point where, if he hadn’t made a noticeable distance between he and the others, they would catch up. It wasn’t that Riku didn’t like to be around people, he just preferred the silence, a chance to think over anything he wanted to, without being disturbed.
Riku thought over thoughts of his day over and over in his head until her was so deep in thought he barely noticed a full head of chocolate spikes standing a head shorter, before him. With a thud, Riku’s chest collided with the back of a young boy, not facing him. The other boy stumbled forward and let go of the bag he was holding, spilling its contents across the pavement before both of them.
Riku gasped inwardly and dropped his bag on the floor, immediately bending down to help the other pick up the other‘s.
When the four books, pencil case, sandwich bag and rolled up ball of paper with doodles scribbled all over it were all picked up and placed back in the back, Riku picked up his and looked down at the other, into his wide, oceanic eyes that stared so curiously up at his own.
“Um, sorry about that. I guess I was daydreaming.” Riku scratched the back of his head nervously and took a place next to the boy, smiling and reaching out to press the button for the crossing to activate. The brunette, who up until now had been silent, spoke in a loud, chirpy voice.
“Uh, don’t worry about it! I daydream all the time.” He held his bag close to his chest and turned away from Riku, to face the road.
The crossing turned green, and they both walked across the road. Riku had hoped that that was the last he would hear of it, so he could get back to his daydreaming until he got home, but it wasn’t. The other boy was a chatterbox, a loud one at that. He talked about everything, from what time he got up in the morning, to what he was doing at the weekend. It seemed like he was talking to himself although he did occasional ask the taller teen a question with a bright smile.
Riku tried to act polite by replying quickly and trying to walk a little faster. He had realized that this kid was in his gym class. His name was Sora and he wasn’t the most popular boy, nor the most athletic. He would spend most of the lesson on his own or talking to the coach, trying his best to worm his way out of actually doing the sporty tasks he had been set. He didn’t look like the sporty type, but he wasn’t exactly unfit either.
As Sora chatted away, Riku counted how long it would take until he got to the point where he would break off with Sora, and head his own way. That would be a lot easier if he knew where Sora lived. Riku stopped at a bus stop halfway between the school and his home to get a bus back. The entire journey would take around 50 minutes to walk the entire way. That was nearly cut in half by taking a bus.
When the two boys finally got the bus stop, Riku stopped and for the first time, spoke to Sora without it being an answer to one of his hundreds of questions.
“So, I get a bus from here on, do you get on too?”
Sora stopped walking and looked at the bus stop, then at Riku and shook his head.
“Nope, I walk all the way.” There was a long pause and Riku counted the seconds. Finally, not being able to talk the pressure any more, he said a quick ‘goodbye’ and turned away from Sora, hoping he would get the message and walk away.
Sora nodded to himself, returned the ‘goodbye’ and started walking down the street they had been walking down together up until that point. Riku was left in silence and sighed to himself, happy to get his own thoughts back.
After two minutes of waiting, the bus pulled up and Riku got on, arriving at home twenty minutes later.

The next day, Riku found himself in the same situation, walking home in silence, the quiet sound of students chattering about unimportant things all around him, until he reached the crossroads.
With a thud, Sora’s books flew across the ground and Riku bend down again to help him again.
“We have got to stop meeting like this.” He said with a light chuckle, passing Sora his bag and helping him up again. Sora giggled and nodded. The silver haired boy rolled his eyes as soon as Sora opened his mouth, knowing full-well what he had gotten himself into again.
Just like before, Riku tried his best to block out Sora’s random babbling until he reached the bus stop, said goodbye and they went their separate ways.

The same thing happened for around two weeks. Every day, Sora would start a completely new conversation and Riku would try to block it out, most of the time, failing. Sometimes he would say something that Riku would be half-interested in, and the two would exchange words until they ran out of things to say. Well, Riku would run out things to say, with Sora that was never a problem.
The blue eyed boy had started to talk about why he didn’t like sport and what was bad about it, this had Riku interested.
“So I don’t get how a short person like me is supposed to get that ball into the hoop. It’s impossible.”
Riku explained the basic concepts of basketball and told the other boy he actually had to put some effort into playing a game of it. Sora seemed really absorbed into the conversation and interested in anything Riku had to say, like he was glad somebody was talking to him for once. Once Riku had shown Sora the proper way how to hold the ball, demonstrating with an invisible one he held firmly in his hands, he explained dribbling, shooting and the many different types of victory dance. Sora seemed overwhelmed by the fact that Riku was actually enjoying a conversation that Sora had started.

Something clicked, and Riku didn’t feel as though Sora was dragging along behind him anymore. They two were walking home, together.
It had been three weeks since Riku first bumped into Sora, and today it was raining lightly. Riku was at the bus stop and Sora was ready to carry on walking. He turned to face the other way but Riku called out to him.
“Hey Sora. You don’t have far to walk, do you? It’s raining.” He said, tucking a few stray strands of silver hair behind his ear. Sora faced him with a smile and shook his head.
“No, not far.” After exchanging several more ‘goodbye’s’ than needed, Sora carried on walking down the street and Riku got on his bus.
Sora rubbed his arm with his hand and felt the goose bumps that had taken over his body. The air was chilly and the icy rain make matters worse. The smile on his face soon disappeared when the brunette snapped out of his daydream and remembered that he had to walk home. The thing was, he lived close to Riku, on the other side of the island. Riku got a bus. Sora didn’t and so his journey was doubled to a full 50 minutes. He had already endured 5 minutes along, since Riku had left for the bus, now he had to walk home in the freezing cold rain and wind.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/XxCherriexKissesxX
Roxy
Nobody
Nobody
Roxy

Character sheet

PostSubject: Second Half :p   I'll Carry You Home -- A stupid one-shot I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 4:49 am

The next day, Riku got a lift to school from his Dad. He would have gotten the bus but that would mean walking for the second half of the journey, and the weather was terrible. It had rained all the way through last night and had only gotten worse, turning into a thunderstorm that lasted all that school day. The good news was, Riku’s last lesson was gym. He would get to see Sora and teach him more about basketball in the lesson. Then he would still be able to speak to Sora before he got a lift back home.
Riku, Sora and all the other boys in the gym lesson were dressed in their shorts and tops and ready to play. Sora immediately rushed over to Riku with a ball and started to practice dribbling.
“You’re doing great, Sora!” Sora looked up at a smiling Riku and blinked, showing a grin and passing him the ball.
“Thanks!” The brunette loved being praised by his silver haired tutor.

All boys in the class played well and went back into the changing room to get ready to go home. The rain still hammered down on the roof and windows, emitting hundreds of ‘ping’ sounds every time a drop hit the surface. When both boys had changed, they waited at the school entrance for the bell to ring, and for them to be allowed to go. They were standing under a small roof that protected them from the hailstones that were now falling from the grey sky. Riku watched as Sora stared up, almost in awe at the millions of balls of ice plummeting to the ground. Over the past weeks, the two had gotten a lot closer, and had spoken about things that best friends would. Sora liked the idea of having a best friend, or a friend for that matter.
“So are you sure you don’t want a lift? Or are you getting one?” Riku spoke to break the eerie silence that had befallen them.
“No, I’m fine.” Sora wasn’t usually like this. He was always smiling, happy. Riku wanted to say more but was interrupted by a horn honking and his name being called. He looked to his left, and saw his dad in a silver car. The taller teen smiled and waved.
“I’ve gotta go, Sora. I’ll see you on Monday!” He shouted as he ran toward the car, holding his bag over his silver head in a vain attempt to stop getting hit by hailstones. Sora watched and waved slowly as Riku’s dad drove off. The short teen’s eyes stayed fixed on the car until the headlights faded away, and he sighed.
More and more students had started to come out of the school but none were gathering around to chat. A few had flocked to the nearest tree to get a little shelter but most had already moved on. Sora looked around and gripped his bag tighter.
“Better get on my way, or I’ll never get home.” With that, he stepped out from underneath his shelter and into the rain, hailstones and all-round horrific weather.

Riku got home in record time, stepping out of the car with his bag over his head once more as he ran into his house. He dropped his bag, kicked off his shoes and ran into the living room where he sat right in front of the fire, lapping up the heat that had left his body while being out in the freezing cold.
Mom came in and smiled, rolling her eyes. She sat down quietly on the couch and took a sip out of a steaming mug in her hand.
“Hey, mom, Did I tell you I made a new friend?” Riku asked, turning to face his mother behind him.
“No, Riku. What’s his name?”
“Sora.” The silver haired boy turned back to face the fire and closed his eyes, still taking in the heat.
“Sora? You mean Tifa’s son?” Riku turned back round as soon as his mother had said this. Tifa was one of her older friends, one of her girly friends that Riku didn’t really take any notice of.
“I didn’t know Tifa had a son.” He said, raising an eyebrow.
“Yes, she does. She lives pretty close to us as well, only down the street.”

--

Sora stopped at the crossroads, pressed the button for the crossing to activate, and waited. He bit his lip as he felt frosty ice leave cold, wet trails down his face. After a few moments of standing on the edge of the road, Sora stumbled forward, letting go of his bag and almost falling over forward. He regained his composure and turned round, expecting to see a tall, silver hair teenager helping him pick up his bags, but didn’t. Sora was alone, he had stumbled because he was used to doing it now, he had done it every day for the past three weeks where Riku had bumped into him. The smile on Sora’s face quickly disappeared and was replaced by a heavy blush of embarrassment as two girls that stood not so far away started to giggle as they noticed his books all over the floor. The brunette blinked and bent down, picking up his belongings and putting them in his now soaked bag.
“I forgot he wasn’t coming.”

--

Riku blinked and his mouth fell slightly agape. If Sora was Tifa’s son, that meant he lived just down the street. That meant Sora walked all that way, every day…
“There is only one bus stop between my house and the school and Sora doesn’t stop there.” He spoke out loud. Mother raised an eyebrow and tilted her head to the side slightly.
“What was that, Riku?”
“Uh…nothing. I have to go.” Riku stood, dashing out of the living room and quickly forcing his shoes back on.
“Wait! Where are you going?” Riku ignored her and grabbed a jacket. He then opened the door and slammed it shut, running out of the house.
“Sora, you moron.” He said to himself through gritted teeth, while running the opposite why from where he came in the car.

--

Sora was soaked through to the bone and was physically shaking. The rain had made his clothes feel heavy and the hailstones were making his skin numb where he was constantly hit. His toes and fingers felt as if they would fall off and he had a huge headache. He was halfway home, just passed the bus stop where Riku would normally leave him to get on the bus. With chattering teeth, the brunette spoke to himself, safe in the knowledge that nobody else was around to hear his shaking voice.
“It’s OK, I w-would usually be a-alone now anyway. It’s the same as normal…j-just a little colder…” He forced a smile to prove to himself that he could get home OK and fight against the storm. Sora rubbed his arms with his palms in an attempt to generate some heat but quickly gave up. He continued to walk but realized he was getting slower and slower, his clothes heavier and his skin colder.

“Sora!” Riku yelled his friend’s name through the pounding hailstones and frowned, running towards the brunette.
“R-Riku?” The silver haired teenager grabbed Sora’s arm and helped him stand up straight.
“Sora, you idiot, why didn’t you tell me you walked this way every day?” He said with a concerned look, but also, a small smile. Sora looked up at his friend’s smile and his piercing emerald eyes, then smiled himself. After a while, he leaned up against Riku’s chest and felt his warmth. The brunette felt numb to the rain and could only feel the silver haired boy’s heat.
“Why d-did you come?” Riku looked down at the boy against his chest and raised an eyebrow.
“You’re shaking. Come here.” Riku took off his jacket and draped it over Sora’s shoulders. The shorter boy blinked and looked at the jacket, then up at Riku.
“But you’ll get-”
“Oh well.” Riku smirked and took a step to the side, kneeling down, then pulling Sora towards his back. Then he stood and turned his head to the left to look at the boy on his back.
“B-but Riku. You’ll freeze to death!” Riku ignored this and started walking forward. Sora clenched his fists to try to make the shaking not so obvious. He smiled against the back of Riku’s head and allowed the other to carry him down the street. After a while of silence, Riku opened his mouth and spoke quietly, just loud enough for Sora to hear.
“This is what friends do for each other…they help each other out. If you’ve never had a real friend, I can understand why you couldn’t tell me…but I just want you to know, Sora…”
Sora opened his eyes and blinked, trying to looking into Riku’s eyes. Riku smiled as he felt the hail stop, everything was clearing up.
“Yeah Riku?” The brunette with a curious look on his face suddenly felt ashamed for making Riku worry.
“If you’re ever in trouble…or need help…
I’ll Carry You Home~”

8D Done! I actually wrote this last night when I was tired so that’s why it isn’t written as well as it could have been. It wasa spur-of-the-moment type of thing, I just had to write it.

I thought the idea of Riku carrying Sora home in a piggy-back thing was really cute so I just had to think of a story to lead up to it.
For those people who don’t understand, because my writing is very confusing, I know Razz --

Sora and Riku were in the same gym class but Sora was never really picked for the team or involved in a any group games.
On the first day, Riku bumped into Sora and the two walked home together.
Riku bumped into Sora eery day for the next three weeks, by which time, the two had gotten close, almost like best friends.
A storm had started one day so Riku got a lift to and from school instead of walking or getting the bus, however, he didn’t know that Sora walked to and from school every day, which was a full 50 minutes. OAO Nwah Sora! >.<
So Riku’s anonymous mother tells him that Sora only lived a little while away from their house, so that meant Riku realized just how far Sora walked.
And because Riku is made of awesome and totally kicks ***, he runs out of the house, and all the way to where he finds Sora
And carries him home \(^w^)/

I thought I needed to add that because some of you might not get it ¬_¬. I hate my writing style >.<
Oh well -- that’s about it. I was just bored and that’s for saying thank you for letting me join the site…I guess?
*shrug* Iunno…

And lol at Riku showing Sora the many types of Victory dance XD

Enjoy!
Roxy xx love?
Back to top Go down
Sora
Keyblade master
Keyblade master
Sora

Female Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Character sheet
Name:: Sora
Side:: Light

PostSubject: Re: I'll Carry You Home -- A stupid one-shot   I'll Carry You Home -- A stupid one-shot I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 3:53 pm

Awww I loved it Roxy!! Its soooo cute! ^_____^ And its really good too! I likeyour writing style ^^ We should write a story together xD
Back to top Go down
Roxy
Nobody
Nobody
Roxy

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: I'll Carry You Home -- A stupid one-shot   I'll Carry You Home -- A stupid one-shot I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 3:57 pm

-Rubs arm nervously- Really? I hate it...kinda.

I wrote it last night when I was tired, and grouchy...and...*Trails off*

Ywah! Story sounds great lol, but FIRST! WE gotta sort out this collab that's causing us so much trouble lol =3

Glad you like it,it was for You And Riku =D

Roxy xx
Back to top Go down
Riku
Twilight Warrior
Twilight Warrior
Riku

Female Number of posts : 553

Character sheet
Name:: Riku
Side:: Twilight

PostSubject: Re: I'll Carry You Home -- A stupid one-shot   I'll Carry You Home -- A stupid one-shot I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 6:41 pm

I Liked it very much Roxy. It was cute and well put together =3 good job -two thumbs up- You should do more XD
Back to top Go down
https://risingdawn.darkbb.com
Sora
Keyblade master
Keyblade master
Sora

Female Number of posts : 588

Character sheet
Name:: Sora
Side:: Light

PostSubject: Re: I'll Carry You Home -- A stupid one-shot   I'll Carry You Home -- A stupid one-shot I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 7:25 pm

^^ Awe Really? -latches on to Riku-

Yes! THe collab! Im excited about it! xD And i think Iris will work well ^^

And a fan fic would be awesome too xP
Back to top Go down
Roxy
Nobody
Nobody
Roxy

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: I'll Carry You Home -- A stupid one-shot   I'll Carry You Home -- A stupid one-shot I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 4:06 am

Lol -huggles both of you-

I'd love to do anything with either or both of you - I really love group work...and stuff? =P

So Collab ::
Iris
Is it okay if I do the fiiiiiiiirst...-sees how long half the song is- Uh 2:25 seconds?
And is there a pairing? Becuase I thought Roxas X Namine would be good...But we don't have to =3

And Fan Fic ::
Sure! =P

Riku::
I might do more...I just love writing ^-^ So I thik I will!

Roxy xx chiken
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'll Carry You Home -- A stupid one-shot   I'll Carry You Home -- A stupid one-shot I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'll Carry You Home -- A stupid one-shot
Page 1 of 1