Rising Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Imagine the Unimaginable

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[ONE SHOT] For Sora

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Roxas
Keyblade master
Keyblade master
Roxas

Male Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Character sheet
Name:: Roxas
Side:: Twilight

[ONE SHOT] For Sora Empty
PostSubject: [ONE SHOT] For Sora   [ONE SHOT] For Sora I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 8:24 pm

Destiny Islands was usually kind to the islanders who lived off its fruit, but for the past couple days the island had been stormed down by rain from the sky, and the gusty wind nearly blew away the boats that belonged to the fishermen of the village. Stuck inside without anything to do, a very cranky six-year-old-Sora soon found himself getting into a fit too.

"MOMMA!!!!" he cried again, throwing his ball against the door to his parent's room in a fit-like manner. "I DON'T WANNA BE INSIDE DOING NOTHIN' NO MORE!!" Almost in a spoiled-like manner he threw his fists against the door and pounded on them, wailing all the while. "MOMMMMMMA!! MOMMA MOMMA, I DON'T WANNA BE INSIDE NO MORE!!!" Though she loved her little boy with all her heart, she sighed to herself as she covered her head with a pillow to drown out the cries of her little boy. He was good enough to not actually come inside the bedroom unless he asked and she said he was allowed, but keeping him inside all day was no different than locking him in a cage. Not to mention that the boy hadn't been able to go to school due to a cold. And his favorite thing in the world, other than his parents or Riku or the beach, was school.

"I'M GONNA GO OUTSIDE!!" he screamed on, now taking the approach to start threatening his mother to get his way. Sora was too young to actually understand what he was thinking and too young to even know what he really wanted to do. Poor thing just wanted to do someting to amuse his ever expanding and eager mind. Of course he deserved to be upset.

His mother rolled over in bed, groaning. "Sora, you better not! I'll get your father if you go outside!!" she threatened back at the boy, who suddenly became quiet. She thought it was all over, and even thought nothing of it when she heard Sora go "HMPH" and stomp away. Sighing in relief, she relaxed and tried to go back to sleep. Taking care of Sora during his cold had drained her a bit, and she had spent most of the day napping as her husband went to the storm for the day. Before she knew it. she was fast asleep, beyond all cares.

Quietly, so as to not be heard, Sora opened the front door and stepped outside, where immediately the wind caught hold of his hair and tossed it around senselessly. Sora blinked as strands of hair repetitively brushed against his face, making it hard to see. As well as he could manage Sora grabbed his hair in a child-like fashion and tried to move it all out of the way. The tears that he had been crying before made it just as hard to see. Seeing something in the distance, close to the water on the shore, Sora made his way to the sight and paused, taking it all in.

What the six-year-old saw devastated him.

All along the ground was shells, branches, leaves, and scattered pieces from the trees and plants destroyed in the storm. It would be devastation to anyone. The six-year-old had never seen his island in such a mess before. Even some of the paopu plants were found nearby his house.

In a desperate attempt to cling to what was left of one of the trees, Sora threw his arm around one of the smaller ones and laid his head on it, listening to find a heartbeat. Sora knew that trees didn't have a heartbeat but he also thought that maybe humans weren't good listeners, and maybe they never heard a tree's heartbeat so they instantly assumed that it didn't have one.

Rain came down and soaked the child from head to toe, and the wind beat down as hard as ever on Sora, and he didn't move. He clutched on to the poor, now dead tree that he felt a lot of remorse for, feeling like its loss was his own loss. It was the first tree Sora had ever climbed.

The chosen one.

Sora hadn't let go or looked up until he realized there was something odd about the world around him now. He lifted his head off the tree to see for himself that the storm had miraculously come to an end. Drenched and cold, he stood up and ran inside, eager to take a nap and warm back up.

Reflecting on it later as a adult, Sora realized that the storm would have probably stopped even if he hadn't been there. But it had made him think a lot about himself. The way he was always so angry when he was stuck in a situation that seemed hopeless, but when he really threw himself into the center and did something about it -- whether if he really could change it -- had always done more good for everyone than bad. For his own private reasons, he kept it all inside and never told a single soul about that day on the beach. But thought about it often as walked along the beach with his own little son, eager for the rays of the sun and the joys of being able to escape the terror of being kept indoors all day in favor of running around bare-foot in the sand, free to be a part of the world he loved.

--------
Dedicated to Sora.
Back to top Go down
Sora
Keyblade master
Keyblade master
Sora

Female Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Character sheet
Name:: Sora
Side:: Light

[ONE SHOT] For Sora Empty
PostSubject: Re: [ONE SHOT] For Sora   [ONE SHOT] For Sora I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:09 pm

:'3

Thank you Roxas.

I loved it.

-hugs-
Back to top Go down

[ONE SHOT] For Sora
Page 1 of 1